Press Releases + Call for Submissions
- New Literary Magazine Examines Hoosier Life (May 2017): Released on May 19, the first installment of this bi-annual publication will feature essays, creative nonfiction, fiction, poetry and playwriting from 19 different authors that are either from or connected to Indiana. Curated by Brad King and his partners at The Geeky Press, Hoosier Lit will aim to build upon the Indianapolis writing collective’s mission of making, promoting, and supporting the creation and distribution of great words.
- The Indy writers’ podcast that goes beyond writing (Oct 2016): Downtown Writers Jam podcast is more like a therapy session than a writing tutorial
- Bad Jobs and Bullshit: An Indy writer’s collective publishes a book about terrible jobs (September 2016): Nuvo writers about The Geeky Press’ first anthology publication.
- “Every Story Needs a Darth Vader” (November 2014): Theresa Beckhusen interviewed Brad in lead up to Indy WordLab in December.
- Sticky Writing (November 2014): A preview in Blue Sky Window of The Downtown Writers Jam, Vol. 2 in all its crunchy goodness.
- Curbside Collaborates with The Downtown Writers Jam (November 2014): A lovely write-up about Jam, Vol. 2 with our friends from Chicago.
- Out of print writing (May 2014): Rowena Wiseman interviewed Brad about So Far Appalachia, and the idea of professionalized amateurism as a writer.
Television & Radio
- WFYI’s The Art of the Matter (May 2017): The Art of the Matter hosted Brad King for an 8-minute discussion about The Geeky Press, HoosierLit, and all of the work we do with local writers.
- WFYI Online (November 2014): Andrew Neylon produced a 2 1/2-feature story on The Downtown Writers Jam, Vol. 2.