Press Releases + Call for Submissions
- Dear America: Reflections on Race Call for Submissions (October 2016)
- Bad Jobs & Bullshit Call for Submissions (July 2015)
- The Geeky Press/Youshare Project Call for Submissions (May 2015)
- The Downtown Writers Jam, Vol. 3: Jam & Juice (Feb 2015)
- The Downtown Writers Jam, Vol. 2 (Nov 2014)
Appearances + Readings
- Indy WordLab (December 2014): Led Indy WordLab at Indy Reads Books, which included readings from So Far Appalachia: My Memoir of American Mythology and The Summer of Run.
- The Indy writers’ podcast that goes beyond writing (Oct 2016): Downtown Writers Jam podcast is more like a therapy session than a writing tutorial
- Bad Jobs and Bullshit: An Indy writer’s collective publishes a book about terrible jobs (September 2016): Nuvo writers about The Geeky Press’ first anthology publication.
- “Every Story Needs a Darth Vader” (November 2014): Theresa Beckhusen interviewed Brad in lead up to Indy WordLab in December.
- Sticky Writing (November 2014): A preview in Blue Sky Window of The Downtown Writers Jam, Vol. 2 in all its crunchy goodness.
- Curbside Collaborates with The Downtown Writers Jam (November 2014): A lovely write-up about Jam, Vol. 2 with our friends from Chicago.
- Out of print writing (May 2014): Rowena Wiseman interviewed Brad about So Far Appalachia, and the idea of professionalized amateurism as a writer.
Radio + Podcasts
- This Blog Will Change Your Life (November 2014): Author Ben Tanzer interviewed Brad about the writing process, addiction, and the empathy of writing.
- DIY Author (June 2014): Chris Well interviewed Brad about a range of topics, including the Kickstarter-funded So Far Appalachia book and how he’s building a community around it as he writes.
- WFYI Online (November 2014): Andrew Neylon produced a 2 1/2-feature story on The Downtown Writers Jam, Vol. 2.