Publishing Tales: Stories about Literature from across the Web (April 24 – May 1)
The good news about summer is that school is out, which means we’ll have more time to collect stories about self-publishing and authorship in the digital age. The bad news is our graduate assistant help is out changing the world so we’ll have fewer synopses written for you. Never fear, though, these are some of our favorites and you shouldn’t stop clicking.
If we’ve missed a good one, leave it in the comments. Or send us a note.
Don’t forget to sign up for The Geeky Press semi-regular newsletter. We’ll keep you up-to-date on the events we hold, the readings we have, classes we’re teaching, the podcast series, and cool stuff we see in the world. For more real-time conversation, follow @TheGeekyPress on Twitter and Instagram.
The life of an indie author
- The 3+ Hats Every Indie Author Must Wear
- Writers, Start Building Your Brand Early
- 3 Ways Scheduling Will Make You a Better Blogger
- 7 Secrets of Highly Persistent Writers
- RATING SELF-PROMOTIONAL TECHNIQUES FOR AUTHORS AND THEIR BOOKS
- Publishing’s Digital Disruption Hasn’t Even Started
- Seattle startup Booktrope raises $1.2M for its book ‘team-publishing’ service
- Amazon’s Whispercast expands to thousands of schools
- Audiobook sales double in five years thanks to downloads and famous faces
- Don’t Expect Better Sales Data Soon
Writers on writing
- Shame and Your Writing Career
- NOW, WRITING IS FOR EXTROVERTS TOO
- The Bad News About Turning Pro as a Writer
- Bring back the serialized novel
- Why we need physical books