*** SOLD OUT ***
Each November, The Geeky Press hosts an annual Writers Retreat at the Agape Lodge in Bradford Woods in Martinsville, Indiana (map) for eight writers.
This isn’t a normal writing retreat. We don’t have any formal sessions, and we don’t offer specific outcomes. Instead, this is a chance for you to come to the woods, get away from the noise, and write for two days with fellow And we’ll have some unstructured time that gives you a chance to meet other writers, share your work, ask for feedback, or just go for a walk through nature.
How Do You Get Involved
While you don’t need to be a professional writer to come to the retreat, we do have a single stipulation: that you have a project on which to work. This is a writing retreat after all. If you’re interested in attending, all you need to do is:
- send either Brad, Amber, Elise, or Nicole an email with RETREAT in the subject line;
- tell us that you’re interested in attending the retreat; and
- tell us about your project. (Just a paragraph or two is fine.)
The retreat will take place at the Agape Lodge in Bradford Woods, which has six rooms and holds seventeen people. We’ve limited our retreat to eight folks, which means a couple of you will share a room. We’ve not found this to be an issue in the past.
- The Lodge has a giant living room with three couches and a fireplace, a common area with six large desks, and a fully functioning kitchen. There is a men’s and women’s restroom, complete with shower stalls.
- You will need to bring your own bedding (sheets, blankets, pillows) and your own towels.
- We don’t provide food so you should bring what you’d like to eat. In the past, we have arranged a group dinner on Friday and Saturday. But we don’t set that up until everyone has registered.
- You should know this a non-drinking facility. No alcohol is allowed on the site. This is non-negotiable. However, the facility is just fifteen minutes from two towns if you’d like to go have a drink.
- You’ll also notice that we have a loose structure that involves lots of quiet writing time. However, the nice thing about Bradford Woods is that if you want to talk to take a break, you have several places where you can walk.
The Specific Particulars
- When: Friday, November 17, 2017 – Sunday, November 19, 2017
- Arrival Time on Friday: 2 pm
- Departure Time on Sunday: 2 pm
- Tickets: $95 per person, which will be paid upon acceptance into the retreat. (Refunds available through Oct. 18, 2016. After that date, no refunds will be given.
The Daily Itinerary
|7:30 – 9||Breakfast and waking up|
|9 – 12:00||Quiet Writing Time|
|12:00- 1:30||Writing + lunch + socializing time|
|1:30 – 4:30||Quiet Writing Time|
|4:30 – 5:30||Sharing + socializing|
|5:30 – 8:30||Unstructured Time|
|8:30 – 10:30||Quiet Writing + Reading|
- Remember to bring your computers, plugs, notebooks, and pens.
- If you must talk during writing sessions, you can hang out on the porch or take a walk in the woods.