WHAT IS SCRIPTED?
Scripted is a monthly reading series that takes place on Second Sunday from 3pm-5pm at New Day Craft in Indianapolis. Every month, we will feature a script written by a local playwright and read by local actors. The goal is to show the process of playwriting – what it takes to get from the page to the stage.
We are interested in featuring all genres of theatre – comedy, drama, musicals – we just have a few guidelines for submissions that have to be followed.
All submissions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submissions are accepted on a rolling basis.
- Scripts must be submitted by the 1st of the month to be considered for that month’s reading.
- Scripts must be at least 30 minutes long.
- No more than 8 actors per script (double-casting is fine, just indicate it clearly).
- If there is music, the playwright must provide tracks to play or help find musicians. Otherwise, lyrics will just be read.
- Precedence will be given to new work – unproduced, in development, or in the process of revision.
- We organize the actors! If you have actors in mind, please include their contact information with your submission.
Please include a 150-200 word bio with your submission. We will write a blog post every month about the upcoming reading, and we want to talk about you!
If this hasn’t answered your questions, please email email@example.com